Chromium is a mineral required in trace amounts for good metabolism of sugars, fats and proteins. It promotes healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Chromium is found only minimally in foods, and its concentration is affected by agricultural processes. Vitamins C and B (niacin) aid absorption of chromium, which is stored in the liver, spleen, soft tissue and bone. High sugar diets, infection, stress and pregnancy can increase excretion of chromium in the urine, leading to chromium deficiency.
- Promotes healthy blood sugar levels and blood pressure
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels
- Essential to metabolism and storage of carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Activates enzymes needed for brain functions and chemicals essential to life
- Supplementation recommended for older individuals as chromium levels deplete with age